Monday, April 1, 2013

April 1 - Technology's trololol day

April 1 has to be one of my favourite days. I successfully fooled many friends by announcing I was getting married to despite not having been in a serious relationship for over a year now. People started to get suspicious when it was revealed my sun and moon (having only met her a couple of weeks ago) was a successful French model and also had a kid. Nevertheless I heard reports that my Dad looked mortified when he heard the news, so for me this year has been a complete success.

Unless you have been hiding under a rock you will know that it is common for the gaming and tech world for companies to come up with some brilliant April fools. I have dug up just a few here, but if you have some favourites then do not hesitate to share them!

The iPlay Game Console


Not the most believable April Fools to be sure, but wonderful nonetheless given the recent stir caused by one of the Xbox founders Nat Brown for suggesting Apple could dominate the games industry by opening the Apple TV to gaming developers.

You can enjoy IGN's Apple spoof here (it will open in another page).

Sony Tech for Pets

Worryingly if I had a pet then I would more than likely buy something like this for the little bugger. I bet my hamster Nibbles would have loved those mini speakers. If anyone wants to start a petition to make this real, let me know!



Star Wars: Galactic Empire
If you missed it, George Takei annouced this morning on his facebook page that he would be starring in a Star Wars reboot directed by JJ Abrams. This is one of those posts which makes you sad it isn't true! Just look at how awesome he looks!

Top Facebook comment says it all: "This is the MEANEST April Fools joke EVER"
I would share more but...

Blogging using q French keyboard is slightly infuriating (I am not even going to correct the 'a' to make my point) and I have a train to catch. What are your favourite April Fool's jokes? Share them here, Google+ or on the Facebook page! Happy day of fools one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment